My Smart Goals

My S.M.A.R.T. goal is… Two practical steps I can take to achieve this goal are…
I want to focus on creating a more disciplined lifestyle by increasing my drive and motivation to overcome challenges. 
  • Brainstorming a list of strategies to use when I’m feeling stuck/unmotivated 
  • Dedicating more personal time to work on healthy habits
I want to improve my study skills by prioritizing my time and starting my studying routine earlier (at least a week in advance). 
  • Starting to prepare the day an assessment is shared with me 
  • Prepare my materials to review as you get the information 
I want to increase my focus during class, ensuring that I am productive and sustain my focus for the whole period. 
  • Limit distractions (i.e. talking to friends)
  • Trying new ways to focus when working independently in class (i.e. listening to music)
I want to be more mindful of time management, guaranteeing that I will complete my homework on due date consistently and will not have any trouble with being late.

I will spend the first 45 minutes of my time at home working on homework. 

• I want to be able to wake up earlier for school (5:30)  and be able to get ready earlier 
    • Ensuring that I will not be late by creating an efficient morning routine.
  • Checking my homework board and completing my tasks in a set homework space at my house
I want to be more organized with my school work so that I can easily access documents and so that there is no confusion between my work between classes and teachers.

I will keep my papers organized in a binder to ensure that they are not misplaced. 

• Organizing all school documents and folders. (i.e. adding titles, date, name and class to documents and color-coding and highlighting key words)
  • Cleaning and going through my desk and locker (i.e. clearing old unneeded papers and putting papers in the correct folder/binder.